The Women in Planning network was established in 2012 to empower women in the planning profession. The network welcomes all involved in the profession – private, public sector, academics, third sector or students.
The key aims of the network are:
- Independent network;
- Increasing the profile of women working in planning;
- Creating networking opportunities which allow for sharing of experience and knowledge;
- Supporting professional development by presenting different career paths in and outside of planning;
- Identifying inspirational role models;
- Lobbying key bodies and organisations on diversity within the built environment profession.