When Women Plan London – Housing – From Application to Occupation
London’s housing crisis is the biggest issue facing the capital. At a minimum, London needs 66,000 new homes each year for at least twenty years. There is no silver bullet that will solve the capital’s housing crisis and recent housing strategies haven’t been effective. So, what can we learn from women who have successfully delivered housing from “Application to Occupation?”
Venue: London’s Living Room City Hall
Date: 4 September 2018
- 16:30 – Registration and Networking
- 17:30 – 17:35 – Welcome
- 17:35 – 17:40 Chairs address – Sara Sweeney, Planning Manager, Kitewood and Women in Planning London
- 17:40 – 18:00 Presentation “Women’s role in delivering housing in London” – Claire Bennie, Director, Municipal
- 18:00 – 19:00 “From Application to Occupation” a panel discussion considering housing delivery in the round
- 19:00 – 20:30 – Networking
- 20:30 – Close
- Sara Sweeny, Planning Manager, Kitewood and Women in Planning London
Speakers and panellists:
- Claire Bennie, Director, Municipal and Mayor’s Design Advocate
- Liz Connell, Associate Director (Planning), Countryside
- Michela Hancock, Senior Development Director, Greystar
- Pooja Agrawal, Principal Project Officer, GLA and Co-Founder, Public Practice
Further panellist will be announced shortly.
It is free to attend but booking is essential, reserve your place at the following link:
Kindly sponsored by:
How to get to City Hall
Tube- stations London Bridge (Jubilee and Northern lines and mainline station; Tower Hill (Circle and District lines); Tower Gateway (Docklands Light Railway)
Buses- 42, 47, 381, RV1
Bicycles- bike racks are available at City Hall, on the South side of the building by Potters Fields Park
All visitors to City Hall are security searched on entry to the building
Limited blue-badge parking is available and must be booked in advance
Full directional information and maps can be found on the Greater London Authority website http://www.london.gov.uk
- All guests will be security searched on arrival at City Hall.
- You will be allocated a registration area, you should provide name badges for all your guests so they can be identified as attending your event.
- Please remember that City Hall is open to the public from 08:30-18.00 Monday-Thursday and 08:30-17:30 Friday.