On Friday 8th March 2013 Planning published an article called ‘The Power 100’ . The article listed the ‘100 most influential people in the sector’. These individuals who are said to shape policy and decision making were decided by 40 of the Planning senior contacts.
Within the list of 100 there were only 23 women.
- Roberta Blackman – Woods: MP – Shadow minster for Communities and Local Government.
- Baroness Hanham: Parliamentary under Secretary of State, DCLG.
- Shona Dunn: Director of Planning, DCLG.
- Jane Everton: Deputy Director, Development Plans, DCLG.
- Mary MacIntyre: Director of Strategic Planning Division, Department of Environment, Northern Ireland Executive.
- Fiona McCandless: Director of Local Planning Division, Department of the Environment, Northern Ireland Executive.
- Lindsey Nicoll: Chief Reporter and Director of Scotland Directorate of Planning Environmental Appeals (DEPA).
- Ruth Stanier: Deputy Director Planning, DCLG.
- Michele Dix: Managing Director, Transport for London.
- Rosemary Thomas: Head of Planning Division, the Welsh Government.
- Elaine Kinghan: Chief Commissioner, Northern Ireland Planning Appeals Commission.
- Rosemary Mcqueen : Strategic Built Environment Director, Westminster City Council.
- Trudi Elliot: Chief Executive of the RTPI.
- Kate Henderson: Chief Executive of the TCPA.
- Roisin Willmott: National Director for RTPI Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Emma Cariaga: Head of Strategic Projects and Development Director – London Portfolio, Land Security.
- Alison Nimmo: Chief Executive, Crown Estate.
- Liz Peace: Chief Executive, BPF.
- Nicola Walker: Head of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI)- Infrastructure and Environment Team.
- Sue Willcox: Head of Town Planning, Sainsbury’s.
- Claire Dutch: Chair of Joint Planning Law Conference Committee.
- Morag Ellis QC: Chair Planning and Environment Bar Association.
- Professor Janice Morphet: Visiting Professor at UCL.
If you think there are any individuals missing make your voice heard at this link click here or leave suggestions below in the comment box.